In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), if an individual wants to practice within a profession, they will need to obtain a professional license. Healthcare professionals in Abu Dhabi must obtain their license through the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD) and therefore, must take the HAAD Exam.
There are different specialties of exams depending on the student’s profession:
- Doctors in Abu Dhabi must obtain specific licenses from HAAD depending on whether they are interns, general practitioners, specialists, consultants or resident doctors.
- Dentists must obtain specific licenses from HAAD depending on whether they are interns, general dentists, specialists, consultants or resident dentists.
- Nurses too must obtain their license from HAAD depending on whether they are applying to be a registered nurse, registered midwife, nurse practitioner, mental health nurse, paediatric nurse, community nurse or assistant nurse.
- Pharmacists need to take a different exam on the basis of their specialisation’s, although specialisation’s in pharmacy are limited the HAAD classify pharmacists into clinical pharmacists, community pharmacists and pharmacy technician.
- Dietitians, also are required to obtain a license, this website provides a specially created dietitian course for potential licensees.
Other professions which are required to take the exam include:
- Alternative medical practitioners such as TCM and Unani medicine
- Chiropractic medicine
- Naturopathic medicine
- Osteopathic medicine
Some professions required to take the HAAD exam need to sit the written exam, this comprises of 100 MCQs with a time limit of 2.5 hours (150 minutes), this gives you 90 seconds per HAAD exam question.
Marking is based on the professionals country of origin, for instance, a student taking the exam from India must achieve 80% or more to pass the exam. If you fail the exam you will need to wait 3 months before taking the exam again.
Nurse HAAD Exam Cost
AED 50 for the pre-registration with HAAD plus $73.57 USD collected by PearsonVue for HAAD Testing Center and 94.59 US$ for International Testing Centers.
Nurse HAAD Exam Syllabus
- Management of Nursing Care
- Promotes patient optimum health and wellbeing
- Promotes an environment that maximizes patient safety
- Promotes patient physiological and psychological integrity
- Professional and Ethical Practice
- Demonstrates professional behaviour when working with people
- Upholds and contributes to the maintenance of professional nursing standards
- Actively contributes to collaborative working relationships with members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team
- Professional Development
- Demonstrate a commitment to the development of self
- Demonstrates a commitment to the development of others
- Demonstrates a commitment to the development of the profession
- Clinical competence:
- Geriatric medicine, most notably diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, cataracts, Alzheimers and dementia.
- First Aid and CPR
- Clinical Application of Laboratory Tests
- Pain Management
- Cardiac Dysrhythmias: Interpretation, Treatment, and Nursing Management
- Drugs of Abuse and Mental Health
- Issues Clinical Application of:
- Pharmacological Concepts Nursing
- Management of Human Resources
- Trauma/Critical Care Nursing
- Women’s Health Issues
- Computing and Nursing Informatics
- Ethical Challenges in Health Care
- Dying and Death
- Emergency Care and Safety
Our course consist of :
Lessons on each important systems
Lessons on area of practical nursing
Multiple choice questions and answer realted to each topic
Mock test after each lesson
Monthly mock test